Tuesday 11 October 2011

I Can See (Jesus heals a blind man)

In one group I work with 3-4yrs we have been looking at the "All about me" section in the Scripture Union "Tiddlywinks" series (Blue Book). I love this series and I will always add my own ideas or draw on other influences e.g. Godly Play and my own Early Years experience but it forms a good starting point.

For the "All about Me" series there is a scripture reference for several senses and our abilities e.g. "I can see"

As usual a range of related play activities were organised. But alongside we sang this song that I adapted from the Tumble Tots classic


I must say I don't usually use the story format they suggest, instead using props and a more biblically accurate model (rather than embellishing with details) with props in a more "Godly Play Style" On this occasion I thought I would use the story they suggested, so I created coloured cards following the suggested design in the book. However at the last minute I didn't use and instead... you guessed it used props! But I liked this version so if anyone has the tiddlywinks blue book and wants the cards in pdf message me and i will happily email them to you!


1 comment:

  1. I really like your printed material for this lesson. I would like to have a copy of the pdf emailed to me please. My email address is: readyfam4@gmail.com.

    Thank you very much,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete